Intro to WordPress
While there is no requirement to use any particular service to sync your meetings, some websites will choose to switch to WordPress to take advantage of the free 12 Step Meeting List WordPress plugin.
WordPress can be unfamiliar, especially to those accustomed to a computer-based system like Dreamweaver or FrontPage. This video will walk you through some of the basics.
Additionally, here are some quick recommendations:
- You don’t need to manage files anymore through FTP or File Manager, in fact it’s best if you don’t;
- Set your home page to be a static page;
- We recommend the Twenty Fourteen theme;
- 12 Step Meeting List for meetings;
- Disable Comments is a good plugin;
- The Events Calendar for events;
- Add some widgets in Appearance > Customize;
- Don’t forget to set the correct timezone on Settings > General;
- When you go live, don’t forget to uncheck “Discourage search engines” on Settings > Reading;
The 12 Step Meeting List plugin is not maintained by A.A.W.S. For help using it, post your questions to the WP Plugin Support Threads.